Deadline: 19 Feb 2016
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 pro rata
Role: Dance Practitioner
Company: Southwark Council
Expressions of Interest are invited by Southwark Council for Dance Practitioners to deliver a programme of work for the Open Moves Programme, one of Southwark’s Dance activities for 2016, which will include:
- Open Moves, a Health & Wellbeing programme for vulnerable adults (see below)
- Performance opportunity for Southwark groups to present work
- Taster workshops to promote existing dance provision in the borough
- New dance commissions of site-specific participatory performances
- Conference event focusing on developing a dance strategy for Southwark
Open Moves is a dance project exploring and developing new approaches to working holistically with vulnerable adults using dance and creativity.
The Open Moves programme will consist of the following elements:
1. Training for dance practitioners to deliver dance activities for vulnerable adults. The aim is to build a stronger, more resilient workforce of dancers and choreographers, providing artists with new skills and approaches for this area of work.
2. Commissioning a dance practitioner to work with a partner organisation in Southwark to plan and deliver uplifting and enjoyable dance sessions for people with mental health needs over 8 weeks from May – July.
3. Working with a Creative practitioner to produce newly commissioned artwork inspired by the project. The new work can be in any art form and should be launched in July 2016
Expressions of Interest invited for dance practitioners with teaching experience, interested in developing their skills and delivering a workshop programme for vulnerable adults. You would need to be available to attend the training and each of the delivery dates. You will be supported during the project by the Dance Producer.
Southwark Council look forward to receiving a range of EOIs from dance practitioners who may or may not have worked in Southwark.
Total fee: £2,450
For a full brief and details of the application process email: Arts.Admin@southwark.gov.uk