Deadline: 19 Nov 2015
Company: Dance4 and Serendipity
Phone: 0116 257 7316
Signatures, a collaboration between Serendipity and Dance4, is a platform that nurtures and
supports undiscovered talent by working with emerging dancers and choreographers and
enabling them to realise their creative potential.
The artists are selected on the innovative strength of their concepts and their desire to succeed in the arts industry.
Signatures is offering the opportunity for emerging artists to:
• Showcase a new piece of work that is a maximum of 10-15 minutes, as part of Let’s Dance International Frontiers, in Leicester, Friday 6 May 2016.
• Receive audience feedback and network with other dance professionals and practitioners.
• Receive a performance fee of £300, plus contributions towards travel expenses (please note that although we welcome applications from international artists, we have a limited capacity to contribute towards their travel).
In order to be considered part of the Signatures programme each dancer/choreographer will need to:
• Provide a biography or CV that highlights your experience and capacity to create a quality piece work for the general public, and demonstrates a track record of producing quality work which is innovative, diverse and challenging.
• Submit a video, web links or a DVD of existing work.
• Give the name of the potential piece you would like to develop, some information regarding the motivation behind the work and an estimated duration and technical requirements of the piece.
The selection is made by a panel comprising the artistic leaders from Serendipity and Dance4. Criteria for selection is based on:
• Highest Quality; work with a clear sense of purpose and integrity that has the potential to reach the highest artistic standards of practice.
• Engagement; work that has the ability to interact and captivate audiences.
Deadline for submission: Thursday 19 November 2015 5PM
Please submit your proposals by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them to:
CL00.07a, Clephan Building,
De Montfort University ,
For more information please call 0116 257 7316 or email email@example.com