Deadline: 27 Feb 2015
Role: Associate Artist
Company: The Point, Eastleigh
Phone: 023 8062 7811
The Point is seeking applications for Associate Artist programme as they begin a new journey as an Arts Council National Portfolio Organisation from April 2015.
The programme aims to support the creative practice and strategic development of artists and/or companies keen to make a step change and progress to the next stage in working with The Point to develop their practice/company further. The Point is looking for up to four artists / companies and for the first time they will also be welcoming two digital creatives to be based within their new tech hub in Eastleigh.
Successful applicants will receive a range of benefits including:
- One-to-one mentoring from key Point staff – artistic director, creative producer and Recreate programme manager
- An administrative base at The Point and/or Tec Hub
- Business and organisational advice
- Access to space in kind in any one of The Point’s three rehearsal spaces
- Access to editing suite with Premier Pro, video recording equipment and live stream
- Use of specialist equipment at the Tec Hub – Oculus Rift 2 developers kit & Wacom Graphics tablets
- Opportunity to present work
- Networking opportunities
- Support to achieve grant funding
- Seed funding
- Seminar series & technical advice and support
- Discounted tickets for performances and professional development opportunities
And in return The Point will ask artists to:
- To become involved in the wider programmes at The Point and Creative Eastleigh hubs
- Conduct open rehearsals/talks/sharings
- Work with our audience development officer to create a dialogue with audiences exploring new work through live and digital means
- Act as ambassadors of The Point and Creative Eastleigh
- Disseminate their practice through online dialogue, workshops and via conferences and symposiums held at The Point
- Commit to making at least one new work during their associateship
Former associate artists Milk Presents said of the scheme: “Our company has developed more in four months than it did in a whole year before we arrived here. It gives you time to make mistakes, take risks have fun and grow as a company.”
There will also be an opportunity to find out more about the scheme at The Point’s Made in Eastleigh event on February 12.
The evening will begin at 6.30pm with a discussion and glass of wine with our Artistic Director Owen Calvert-Lyons, Creative Producer Sacha Lee and Recreate programme manager Peter Davison who will talk about Associate Artist programme and answer any questions you might have. You will then have the chance to see work developed by one of our current supported artists, Zoie Golding and her new work SAFE.
More information on the associate programme is available on The Point website.
Applications need to be in by Friday February 27 with interviews on March 12. Associateships will begin from April 1 2015 for 12 months.