Deadline: 12 May 2016
Salary: Freelance, 8 months, fixed fee
Role: Project Manager Nupur Arts Dance Academy’s HLF Young Roots project
Company: Nupur Arts Dance Academy
Phone: 07801 365 779
Driven by our Youth Association, our project will focus on Nupur Arts Dance Academy’s 25 year history in Leicester through creating a documentary and web page. We will provide training for young participants to develop transferable heritage and media skills, as well as facilitating their part in managing the project. We will look at the impact our organisation has made locally to participants, audiences and the wider public. We will also link this to the impact South Asian dance has had on Leicester’s arts and cultural heritage. Over the 25 year period we will cover, not only has NADA changed, but so has the cultural landscape. NADA has become the largest dance organisation in Leicester, with over 300 students. Our young volunteers will help us to explore and celebrate this exciting heritage.
- Marketing of volunteer opportunities, resources and main project events.
- To provide Project Management and marketing training for 5 core volunteers and facilitate their contribution to the management of the project.
- Manage 15 volunteers and facilitate their contribution to the project resources.
- Ensure that volunteers, trainers and practitioners are aware of all practical details relating to the project.
- Ensure that volunteers develop appropriate skills and knowledge, in line with the project outcomes.
- Maintain the project schedule, including training and development of resources.
- Book venues for training and filming.
- Produced contracts for facilitators and media practitioners, based on initial Job briefs.
- Design feedback mechanisms for evaluation of the project.
- Collect feedback material to feed into the final report.
- Write final evaluation report.
- Manage process of archiving material, in partnership with Record Office for Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland.
- Management of VIP launch event and screening.
- Publicise the VIP launch event and screening, as well as carrying out wider marketing of resources.
- Liaise with all partners to ensure professionals are aware of the opportunities of the project.
- Provide regular updates to Project Director.
- Log all payments made and provide evidence for Project Director.
- Ensure that involvement of volunteers is run in line with safeguarding policy.
- Carry out general administration of project.
- Liaise with Heritage lottery over progress and milestones.
- Line management of young volunteers.
- Keeping to tight deadlines and working under pressure.
- Able to manage own work load.
- Supervision of work experience for young people.
- Guidance or training of volunteers in areas such as project management, marketing and evaluation.
- Managing, monitoring and evaluating projects in line with funders’ requirements.
- Management of arts and/ or heritage projects.
- Marketing projects and events, including press liaison.
- Keeping detailed financial evidence.
- Safeguarding and health and safety.
- Partnership working.
DBS/ CRB or willingness to undertake immediately
Please send CV to Smita Vadnerkar at email@example.com