Deadline: 1 Mar 2016
Salary: 30 hours @ over 5 days @ Monday – Saturday. National minimum wage @ £6.70ph
Role: Dance Artist Intern
Company: ACE Dance and Music
Phone: 0121 314 5830
Special note: at the time of applying, applicants must be aged 18 to 24 years old and must be registered as unemployed with Jobcentre Plus.
We are looking for a young person aged 21-24 yrs who is:
• A good communicator
• A passion for working with young people and communities
• Self motivated
• Initiative; confident, able to take the lead, work on own and as part of a team, when required
• Must have an understanding of a wide variety of dance disciplines and dance within education
• Must be willing to work Saturday’s and occasional evenings, when required
Dance Artists Job Description
ACE dance and music are looking for a dynamic, confident individual to join their small education team.
Purpose of the role
This role will support the development of company’s education work, alongside outreach work and small projects.
• One of the main responsibilities of this role is to be trained to support and eventually lead ACE’s in-house education programme
• You will also be trained to deliver outreach work in school, community and youth settings
• Deliver high quality dance workshops in a range of dance styles, choreography curtain raisers, deliver short residencies (appropriate training provided) etc. with a range of groups
• Make new connections with young people and communities
• Support the coordination and administration of dance workshops and projects, regionally and nationally
• Respond to small project inquiries; liaise with clients, preparing a project outline and detailed teaching plans to suit their precise needs, managing the work from start to finish
• Developing contact community databases, as appropriate
• Attending any meetings or sub-meetings as requested.
• General admin, office, filing etc. as required.
Applicants must be a minimum of 21 years and be prepared to commit full time to this opportunity as well as demonstrate they have an appropriate level of dance skills.
Forward an up to date CV along with a supporting letter explaining why you are interested in working with ACE dance and music and the skills you feel you would bring to the role. Short-listed will be asked to lead a short one hour workshop as part of the interview process.