Venue: Kala Sangam, Forster Court, Bradford
Venue address: Kala Sangam, Forster Court, Bradford, United Kingdom
Lead teacher: Shrikant Subramaniam
Kala Sangam Academy provides term time weekly classes in dance, music and language of South Asia at our centre and also supports the outreach classes. All the classes are based on graded syllabus, examinations and performances and cater to the need of all ages and abilities. These courses are delivered by highly qualified teachers who are experienced in teaching for various age ranges and abilities.
The learners are also able to achieve Arts Awards and Duke of Edinburgh awards. The senior students are also encouraged in teaching techniques, leadership qualities and offered work experience. There are also opportunities for further education, research and career development opportunities in South Asian arts for students, artists and teachers.
All classes are delivered during the term times :
Bradford: During term time on Saturdays – 9.30 am – 4 pm.
* South Indian (Carnatic) Music – Vocal, Violin, Flute, Keyboard and Veena.
* Dance – Bharatanatyam
* South Indian Language (Tamil) – Based on accredited syllabus and examinations of the Tamilnadu Virtual University.
* Yoga – Ashtanga Yoga by a fully qualified Yoga teacher.
* Bollywood – Every Thursday from 6 pm – 7 pm
Kala Sangam’s outreach Bharatanatyam classes:
* Wakefield – In association with WIDAMA (Wakefield Indian Dance And Music
Association) – Every Saturday from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
* Mansfield – In association with TICO (Trent Indian Cultural Organisation)
Every alternative Sundays from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
* Sheffield – Every Friday – 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
For further information on all the classes, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01274-303340.